Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Birthday, Valentine's Day, and Pink Eye

I turned 36 last week. Why is it that I feel like I'm 12, but when I look in the mirror the gray hair and wrinkles tell me that yep, I'm 36.

Had a terrible birthday. Just a sucky kind of day where you know it's going to be sucky from the moment you get up in the morning. I got through the day though, and the next day was much easier.

My kiddos were delighted by some Valentine's Day cards and presents from me and Daddy/Chris (my sweet hubby) -- sweetly purchased by Daddy. Maddie got two books, Alex got a Yo Gabba Gabba video, and Natey got a Baby Einstein DVD. And Chris got roses for me. Lovely! I got gum for him . . . he's doing P90X and following the diet, so gum was about the only thing that would work (and keep us on budget).

And to top off the crappy birthday/sweet Valetine's Day . . . Alex (our 3-year-old) got pink eye. Took him the doc to discover that he also had a terrible ear infection. Terrible, truly terrible, ear infection. That would explain his possessed-like behavior at the doc office that morning.

And then today . . . yep, looks like Maddie (our 6-year-old) has pink eye too.

Hey, at least my kids share!

No comments:

Post a Comment