Monday, November 1, 2010

An Update on Sleep (or the Lack Thereof)

Sleep remains elusive. Well, let me clarify that. GOOD, quality sleep remains elusive.

While Maddie tends to sleep well 9 out of 10 nights, she has nightmares, walks in her sleep, talks in her sleep. You name it, she's got it. Not bad though. I can handle that one night every so often.

Alex . . . oh, Alex . . . why won't you sleep . . . in your own freaking big boy bed?! My little man turned four on October 16. Alas, my dreams were dashed when Alex did not suddenly turn into the world's best sleeper once four years hit (at 10:50 a.m., I might add). No, no. He's still making his way into our king-size bed at least once, often twice, a night.

Nate turns two years old in two weeks. Crazy! And his sleeping (or lack thereof, lest we forget) habits are pitiful. Pitiful! He falls asleep like a dream, but he too is up once or twice a night.

I'm tired. Being a mommy means being tired. I know that. I realize that. I'm living that.

It helps that I love these three little ones with my whole (and tired) heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment