Monday, May 23, 2011

Pacing Myself

Yes, my last post was in January. I just like to pace myself. Moving too fast can cause injury and might be construed as exercise.

Ah, so much to catch up on in here since the end of January. Some I'll share. Other things I could share, but then I'd have to kill you. And no one wants that.

Biggest news? I'm expecting baby #4. A fourth baby. A fourth kid. A fourth child. I'm still wrapping my head around it. My ability (or lack thereof) to handle four children is on my mind a lot . . . and never more so than when I'm stuck in a small room at the doctor's office with my three walking/talking/crazy kiddos (like today when I had to go to my GP to discover my husband shared his strep throat with me).

This baby girl (yep, it's a GIRL!) is an incredible miracle and blessing. And God sent her to us right when we needed her, but this pregnancy was unexpected so I'm struggling with a lot of anxiety and worry about HOW I'll be able to be a good mommy to four kiddos.

It's going to be ridiculously difficult. I know that. I'm bracing myself for that. I also know that there are going to be so many amazingly awesome things about having four kids -- including two boys and two girls at that!

I guess I need to take my own advice and just pace myself. One day at a time. And for now, one baby kick at a time.

P.S. To update my January post . . . um, no, we will NOT be getting a dog in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment